Reasons to Request Your Child Support Case Be Closed

You should file a motion to close your child support case in Michigan if:

1. You are incarcerated with no possibility of parole.
2. You are institutionalized in a psychiatric facility.
3. You have a medical verifiable total and permanent disability; and the case is unenforceable under Michigan law. (see below)

600.5809(4) Action to enforce noncontractual money obligations; limitations. For an action to enforce a support order that is enforceable under the support and parenting time enforcement act, Act No. 295 of the Public Acts of 1982, being sections 552.601 to 552.650 of the Michigan Compiled Laws, the period of limitations is 10 years from the date that the last support payment is due under the support order regardless of whether or not the last payment is made.